"It's Corona Time"
Updated: Oct 24, 2020
As you all know we are in the midst of a pandemic, COVID-19, as they like to call it, has taken the world by storm. While this isn't the first pandemic the world has dealt with, the closeness of the virus is a first for a lot of people my age living in America, specifically Gen Z. It's a scary time to be alive, and the media has only exacerbated the situation. Now, I'm not saying that this virus isn't as serious as media outlets are making it seem, but during this time we have to remain calm and practice what we know about hygiene, health safety, and social distancing.
Social distancing is the worst, am I right? I don't know about you guys but I miss my friends, I miss going out to eat, and I miss going to the gym. Now there are a ton of people that have already listed some alternatives that you can do to alleviate your boredom while giving you something productive to do, but I wanted to add my thoughts to the mix.
1. Do home workouts (check out https://www.instagram.com/ericcinhofitness/)
2. Read a book you've put aside or one that you have on your reading list
3. Learn a new dance (it's fun and it keeps you in shape)
4. Learn a new recipe or freestyle
5. Garden (fresh air and sunshine is so good for your body and mind)
6. Learn a new language (Duolingo or Babbel is a great app to help with that)
7. Discover some new music
8. Do DIY's (this is one of my favorite things to do and it helps you save money)
9. Re-organize your room (this will leave you with a feeling of accomplishment)
10. Go for a walk/hike/bike ride/drive (avoid people at all costs!!!)
11. Try a new hairstyle or makeup look
12. Write a story or poetry (for those with an artistic flare)
13. FaceTime with friends/family (this keeps you from feeling socially isolated and gives you a sense of connectedness)
14. Draw or paint (great for cheap decorations)
15. Learn new skills (piano, violin, guitar, photography, graphic design, etc)
16. Spend more time with God using a new devotional
17. Start a blog or a YouTube channel
18. Sell old clothes (try Poshmark or Depop)
19. Get an online job (GET THAT MONEY)
20. Start a new show
These are just a few of my ideas, but if you can think of any more please drop them in the comments below. I'd love to hear them!